Card Counting - The Ace-Five SystemThe ace/five count is probably the simplest method of card counting around and has been used by many blackjack players to their advantage. It requires a lot of concentration and for it to be effective you should not leave the table mid-shoe. It’s based on the best thing that a blackjack player can do is to remove all fives from the deck and leave all aces.
How Does the Ace/Five Count Work?The ace/five count is simple to do, with just a few things to make sure of before you begin playing.
- Before playing you need to establish what your minimum and maximum bets will be. Your maximum bet needs to be at least between X16 and X32 your minimum bet.
- Before the cards are dealt you you place your minimum bet and you start with a count of 0.
- Whenever a 5 is dealt to you or any other player at the table you add 1 to the count.
- Whenever an ace is dealt you minus 1 from the count.
- When the count stands at 2 or above you will need to double your last bet, and as long as the count stay at 2 or above you should keep doubling until you reach your maximum bet. Remember that the size of your bet is determined by the count and is totally independent of whether or not you won your previous bet.
- When the count is 1 or less than you bet the minimum and stick to it until the count returns to 2 or over. Also keep in mind that the count may go into minus numbers.
- You must play blackjack optimal strategy at all times.